Monday 10 September 2007

In Praise of the Irish beach

Apparently, there is a perception out there that Ireland doesn't have any nice beaches, or so Eric tells me. And in fairness with our weather I can understand that point of view.

View of Barleycove Beach

But after our visit to West Cork I thought it only fair that I post a few pics of some of the beaches that we had the pleasure of paddling in (no swimming for us - beautiful as it was, the water this time of year is somewhere between cool and brainfreeze).

Eric at Inchydoney Beach

Also, because we arrived at the end of season we had the beaches mostly to ourselves, save for a few odd people here and there. I have to say when the weather is nice, there is no place I'd rather be than Ireland.

Brave Eric going over the ankle at Barleycove

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Barleycove is a favorite of mine, too!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful! I would love to go to Cork the next time I'm in Ireland, which I hope will be sometime in 2008.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Maybe Frank could become a singer/songwriter and I could travel with him to his gigs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric and Kusi, I just found your blog page. good to see pictures of you. I am planning to be there for the arrival of our grandchild in May. please plan to see me then. I will look forward to being with you two.
Love, Margaret Kildee

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.