Thursday 18 October 2007

Lost: One Al Dente


Well it has been a couple of crazy weeks for myself and Eric, which has meant that I have been totally neglecting this blog. Eric has been gigging like mad, we had the lovely Moeller brothers come and stay, and in the midst of it all we both got colds (all better now though).

Also, I have to say that the blog-part of my brain has been strangely vacant since we came back from Cork. Usually something happens during the week and I think 'ooo, must do a blog on that!' but in the last couple of weeks it just hasn't been happening.

Funnily enough this vacancy has coincided with a strange phenomenon which I would like to share with you all. You see, I'm usually pretty good at cooking pasta just right (yes, back to food again) and I can usually judge the precise point when it is cooked but still has a bite. But lately, I haven't been able to do this at all. I have lost my al dente!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not overally worried. Other than eating a lot of overcooked pasta it has not had an adverse effect on our lives. But it is very strange. Maybe, the act of writing this blog will lure it back. In the meantime, any tips to help Kusi get her al dente back will be gratefully accepted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put in a call to INTERPOl and Scotland yard.
We must find Kusi's al dente
mushy pasta cannot be endured.
the ben

Anonymous said...

It's hard to think of a funny comment to match the Ben man's comment. He's just too clever.
Good luck with your pasta problem.
Ceci

Bridget said...

"How Kusi Got Her Al Dente Back"...sounds like a book to me!

Anonymous said...

I have missed your blogs,Kusis. Don't forget to rinse your pasta in cold water to stop the cooking process.