Tuesday 25 March 2008

Birthday Boy


As you all know, it was Eric's 40th birthday recently, and his present was a book of photos and written pieces by his family and friends. I had originally envisioned it as a scrapbook-type project. However, when the reality of keeping it a secret from Eric sunk in, I had to change my plans to a more digital effort (I was able to work on my computer without Eric getting too suspicious).

Anyway, I ended up using Photobox, the same company who develop our digital photos, to put together the book. They have this really great software which allowed me drop in photos and pieces of text. And for those of you who haven't seen the book, just to let you know that it came out brilliant. I was very happy with it, and more importantly, Eric loved it.

So I just wanted to send out a big thank you to you all for your help and contributions. I really wouldn't have been able to do it without you. Though we couldn't put in all the written pieces, please know that they were printed off and Eric got to read them all. And the same with the photos - we easily got over 100 photos (all great!), which Eric was delighted to get and are going into a special Eric album. Posted are some of the pics.

Eric hanging with Ceci and Muttsie


Eric with his band (Brian on drums!)


Eric and Joe - tough revolutionaries

A full blog on the party and all birthday proceedings is to follow from the birthday boy himself.

4 comments:

Jason Bennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Bennett said...

I look forward to seeing more of the photos and comments. Great photo of the brothers.

A caption for that heavier Eric: "Give me the pie or I'll give you a knuckle sandwich." Or maybe "Dough revolutionary." Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of Eric's 1st birthday, although I look like I'm unhappy and all the other Eckhart children are smiling. I also like the photo of Eric and me with Muttsie. She was the world's best dog. I'm glad Eric's book turned out so nicely.
Ceci

Bridget said...

Hey...hope you made it to Berlin safe and sound.

It's different without you here already.

-B