Friday 8 February 2008

2nd Anniversary!

Oh how time has flown by! I can't believe that myself and Eric have been two years married already. It seems just like yesterday when I fell head over heels and ruthlessly pursued the man of my dreams until he finally relented. It really was quite the whirlwind romance.

Now two years along I'm probably more excited than ever about the life myself and Eric are creating for ourselves. I have to say that marriage wasn't something that I ever had in mind for myself, so our relationship is something I am really proud of. And definitely something to be celebrated.

Which is why this year we decided to treat ourselves to a nice few days away in Wicklow. We stayed two nights at the lovely Druid's Glen hotel. Our stay consisted of eating, drinking, sleeping, roasting ourselves in the steam room, cooling off in the pool and generally having a grand old time.

The hotel decor was very modern Celtic. It is quite the popular golf resort and is aimed at the American market. We were happy to see that the groundskeeper kept with the Celtic theme on the outside (we thought that Steve would particularly like this photo).

Eric, inspired by Bridget, completely embraced the whole rest and relaxation atmosphere of the hotel...

All in all it was a tremendous success. And in between the lots of doing nothing and waiting for our skin to de-wrinkle from the pool, we also got to give a little cheers to our two years together.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad I inspired you to put that bathroom telephone to use. Here's a reminder of that day in February 2006...

http://dublin-days.blogspot.com/2007/02/because-im-so-generous.html

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 2nd anniversary! I'm glad you had a nice time away for a few days. Eric, you look rather girly in the bathroom photo. Also, are you trying to grow a beard?
Ceci

Anonymous said...

Dear Kusi and Scruffy, Happy anniversary. Sounds like a lovely second honeymoon. Love, Therese

Anonymous said...

congrats, what a lovely time you two had. sounds like a romantic and peaceful 2nd honeymoon.
as to the bathroom shot...
really glad the seat was down and your robe was closed.
it was real gutsy to allow the shot to be taken in the first place, never mind put on the web.
love to all
the ben