Sunday 17 February 2008

Happy Birthday Paddy!

I am on a bit of a blog-roll at the moment so I'm just going with it. Today we were at our good friends Bridget and Daithí's apartment, celebrating their son, Paddy's birthday. He is now two and is just the cutest little fella. His full name is Pádraic but his shortened name Paddy just suits him to a tee. Actually the birthday cake that Bridget made (see above) in his image pretty much sums him up - blonde curls and a huge smile.

It was a lovely afternoon, with a gathering of Daithi and Bridget's family and friends and lots of food. Paddy seemed to enjoy the lighting, and blowing out, of the birthday cake.

And, he also seemed to enjoy the most important part of his birthday cake...the eating of it.
Myself and Eric have really enjoyed getting to know him over these last couple of years and hope to celebrate many more birthdays with him. This one is for you Paddy - Happy Birthday!


3 comments:

Bridget said...

He is a cutie, isn't he?? Must have very attractive parents.

I'm so glad you got some photos because in my frenzied party mode I forgot to take any! I'd appreciate it if you'd email me those. Love the one of him and Eric on the couch...when I put Paddy to bed last night he was singing Potty Poo Poo Wee Wee at the top of his lungs. Thanks for that, Eric.

Therese said...

I don't know any song called " Potty Poo Poo Wee Wee". However, my children know all the verses to " When you're slidin' into first and you feel a little burst", and that classic, simply titled, " Diarrhea".

Bridget said...

Oh, don't worry, he's teaching that one to my kids, too! You can always rely on Eric to sing about bodily functions.