Friday 15 February 2008

The Many Faces of Eric

Ah, the fun you can have with a camera, a razor, some card, a marker and a husband who's up for anything (having no television also helps)! Eric finally shaved the beard that he had been cultivating over the last month :) It's actually amazing how different he looks depending on what part of the beard is there, so we decided to chronicle this metamorphasis for your viewing pleasure.

Below is his militia-style handlebar moustache

And my favourite - Tom Selleck eat your heart out!


And last, is the clean-cut Eric that you all know and love. We call this the Baby-face, as it is the expression on practically every baby photo of Eric.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is extremely funny! I laughed so much when I saw the photos of Eric. The Cabell County mug shots are great. I prefer the clean shaven Eric. Why would he want to cover up that face with a beard? I can't wait to read Ben's comments about the photos.
Ceci

Bridget said...

Wow. I can't express the amount of entertainment Eric's hair, head and facial, has given us over the past 9 years. First, there was the flip. It was whimiscal, youthful. Then, he moved to Ireland, the flip disappeared and he was urban cool. And the past few weeks of Grizzly Adams (hillbilly cousin to Gerry) have been the talk of the town (well, the talk of Barrow Street, anyway). And finally, Eric's inner criminal emerges, then rivals Daniel Day-Lewis in Gangs of New York, followed by his alter ego, The Gay Icon. But, I agree, the best of all is good 'ol American Eric, Your Local-Global Hero, conquering the world one state at a time. Love it!

kokamura said...

Actually I have to say that The Handlebar/Gay Icon moustache is now my favourite. I have really come around to it! I know it's very Freddie Mercury, but I do think that it suits Eric. But do I love it enough to live with, that's the question. And would Eric last a day in 44, that's the other.

K

Anonymous said...

not this time Ceci.
Bridget takes the award ! ! !
the daniel day lewis analogy was right on. THE GAY ICON (another superhero)
And finally Pretty Boy Floyd.
.
oh, we saw Daithi on "Out Of Ireland TV" on our local PBS channel. He was at a meeting with Paisley. He's a lot taller than that foto Eric showed us.
(i was so impressed a 3' midget could go so far in Irish politics)
luv to all
the ben

Therese said...

I personally have reams of photo documentation of the " many faces of Eric Eckhart".