Sunday 2 March 2008

Our Place in Berlin

I thought you all might like to see some photos of our place in Berlin, where we will be spending five months from April. It is in the Prenzlauer Berg area of the city, which is in East Berlin. The apartment is in an altbau, which is an older style building. Our landlords are Nina and Dirk, who are heading off on an adventure themselves, which is why their place is free. They have shipped their campervan to Panama and are travelling from there up to Canada with their 5 yr old son Rocco and their 2 yr daughter Nona. We feel lucky to have found the place as we were really looking for a home away from home and feel like we have found it. I'll let you decide for yourselves.

Sitting room


Kitchen and bathroom

Bedroom No. 1

Bedroom No. 2

The apartment also has a small garden, where Nina tells me is nice to sit with a glass of wine when the sun is going down. Bliss!


4 comments:

Jason Bennett said...

Looks lovely. And makes me envious. I've heard lots about Berlin from my friends Sasha and Eliza who studied there. Wish we could visit. Don't know if Eric still intentionally butchers English words, but he should have great fun with German.

Anonymous said...

looks and sounds ubercool

much luv and luck
the ben9

Bridget said...

Wow. I'm excited for you two. And a little bit jealous.

Bridget said...

Ooo la la--I like the new blog title and design!